Welcome To Stella Maris
The history of Stella Maris School goes back to 1957 when it was founded by the “Sisters of Charity Education Society, Mangalore” with the sole objective of providing disciplined education to young children and making them good and loyal citizens. The focus was on the girls from the neighbouring areas of Vyalikaval in Bangalore, particularly those belonging to the weaker sections of society.
Stella Maris School started with just 27 pupils in four classes of primary school in a small rented house near the Corporation Grounds, Vyalikaval and started to grow steadily from its inception. In response to demands from the local community it introduced English medium in the primary section in 1960 and received permanent recognition for its Kannada medium classes in 1961. 1962 was a landmark year in its evolution as it opened its high school as well as nursery sections in that year.
Today, thanks to the vision & will and services & sacrifices of several women of hallowed memory, Stella Maris School has come to offer total basic education from LKG to 10th Standard through its four wings: Nursery School; Kannada Higher Primary; English Higher Primary and High School. It aims at integrated spiritual, moral, social, emotional, intellectual and physical development of the students' personalities, with equal emphasis on curricular, co curricular and extra curricular education.
In a span of 50 years, Stella Maris School has grown almost 100-fold and its alumni continue to serve society as teachers, doctors, nurses, engineers, scientists, administrators, social workers, lawyers and as homemakers - living monuments to the spirit of service of their alma mater.